To start off with, pink Himalayan salt helps you replace the high-sodium table salt. The new-kid-on-the-block is packed with flavour along with benefits with only 87 percent sodium content as compared to the 97.5 percent found in table salt. Most commercial table salts undergo a bleaching process and refinement with added iodine, soda, aluminium derivatives and other toxic ingredients.
The purest form of salt is rich in minerals, giving it the peculiar colour that ranges from pink, white or red. As a salt, the pink variant contains as many as 84 minerals and trace elements, that include calcium, magnesium, potassium, copper and iron, so it’s more than just a condiment. Here are 15 healthy reasons why you should ditch the common table salt and sprinkle more of pink Himalayan salt.
1. Regulates Your Sleep: Science says, eating enough salt in your diet regularly may be key to a good night’s sleep. Research showed that low-sodium diets can disturb sleep patterns. So, if you wake up in the middle of the night often, try keeping your salt intake from 2 to 5 grams per day. Hence, Himalayan sea salt can help encourage restful sleep naturally pertaining to its rich mineral content.
2. Soothes Respiratory Problems: According to the Lung Institute, salt is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, clears excessive mucus, removes pathogens in the air like pollen, and decreases IgE level or immune system oversensitivity. Himalayan pink salt is known for its impressive and healing health benefits around the globe. This has also inspired the natural salt treatment regime known as halotherapy, in which patients inhale micronised dry salt within a chamber, similar to a salt cave. Studies have shown halotherapy to be one of the most effective drug-free method of treating chronic bronchitis.
3. Balances Your pH Levels: Pink Himalayan sea salt’s rich essential minerals that help balance your body’s pH. A regulated pH level fosters your immunity while encouraging a healthy digestive system. Additionally, pink salt contains sodium as well as electrolytes, that has a direct effect on your blood’s pH level.
4. Regulates Your Water levels within the body
5. Helps Reduce Signs of Ageing
6. Encourages Healthy Blood Sugar Levels
7. Promotes Kidney and Gallbladder Health in Comparison to Chemically-treated Table Salt
8. Promotes Cellular Energy Creation
9. Reduces Bodily Cramps
10. Improves Nutrient Absorption
11. Aids Vascular Health
12. Lowers the Incidence of Sinus Problems
13. Provides Circulatory Support
14. Strengthens Bones
15. Fosters a Healthy Libido